System Error: 06:YZ
Problem Description: Failure reading/writing NVM in Hard disk
Corrective Action: Try the following:
1. Switch the power off from the back of the printer and disconnect the power cord. Reconnect the power cord and power on the printer.
2. Replace the Hard Disk.
1. Turn off the printer and remove the power cable.
2. Fully loosen the two locking thumbscrews that secure the Formatter in the printer.
3. Lift the Formatter out of the printer.
Removal and installation Hard Disk Drive:
1. Unscrew four screws in the formatter.
2. Remove the hard disk drive from the formatter by applying force in the direction of the arrow.
3. Insert a new hard disk drive.
NOTE: If you try to insert a previously used hard disk drive, the printer displays a System Error and will not start successfully.
4. Replace all screws that you removed earlier.
Need to upgrade Firmware to latest level TT6-TTAJ_08_02_02-03_mvl40-x86-opt_B.fmw (457 MB)
What you get in the box:
System Error Code Brief Descriptions
Reading a System Error Code
System Error Codes explain which component/system is failing and what action should be taken to
resolve the problem.
System Error Codes are displayed directly on the front panel (but can also be seen on the Information
Page) and have been defined in the format XX.YZ. or XX.n:YZ.m.
● XX: Subsystem or process (2 digits).
● n: Subsystem or process index (if more than one used in the product) – optional.
– e.g. Identify the Ink Supply (color and number).
● Y: Who should perform the action (1 digit) – (0 for User or 1 for Service Engineer).
● Z: Action to perform (1 digit).
The following table explains the XX part of the System Error Code or Warning:
01.0 Main PCA/Electronics module
02.1 Carriage PCA
03 Power supply
08 Formatter/Front panel
11 Trailing cable
21 Service station
22 Ink supply station
24 Tube assembly (IDS)
26.n Ink Cartridge (color = n)
27 Printhead error
38 Output Tray
39 Roll switches
41 Paper-axis motor
42 Scan-axis motor
47 Star wheel motor
48 PPS mechanism
51 Window Sensor
52 Drop detector
55 Line sensor
56 Drive roller analog encoder sensor
59 Electrical system
61 Print queue
63 Input/output through LAN card
64 Input/output through USB port
65 Input/output (not known what port)
68 Loss of engine counters tracking
71 Memory management
74 Firmware upgrade
74.1 Media Profile Update
75 Preventive Maintenance Kits
76 Disk Full
78 Media settings
81 Media advance
84 Roll Feed
86 Paper path
87 Scan axis
93 Ink Pumping
The following table explains the YZ part of the System Error Code or Warning:
00 Replace Possible for customer to perform
01 Reseat/Reconnect/Clean/Adjust (manually)
02 Calibrate/Adjust (using Automatic Process)
03 Power off and restart the printer
04 Upgrade System Firmware
05 Upgrade Driver or Computer Software
06 Add Accessory
08 Send Plot Again
09 Wrong Part Installed
10 Replace HP qualified personnel assistance
11 Reseat/Reconnect/Clean/Adjust (manually)
12 Calibrate/Adjust (using Automatic Process)
13 Power off
14 Upgrade System Firmware
15 Upgrade Driver or Computer Software
16 Add Accessory
18 Send Plot Again
19 Wrong Part Installed
1st Call 4 Service has over 25 years of experience in the sale, repair and maintenance of HP Designjet Servicing on Large Format Printers and provides a UK-wide call out serviced.
We believe that our brand knowledge, attention to detail and dedication to customer service sets us apart from other companies. Today 1st Call 4 Service have over 700 plotters under service contracts from over 600 companies making us one of the leading independent suppliers of repair servicing and maintenance contracts in the UK.
TOP 10 – repairs for the HP Designjet printers
As part of our ongoing commitment to service and support we are building a section dedicated in providing information and handy tips about repairs of HP large format printers. Please visit this section frequently as updates will be added every two weeks.
1st Call 4 Service Ltd cover Printer & Plotter Maintenance & Repair Service is available
in the following areas…
Southend on Sea